A Graduate NZILA Landscape Architect who wishes to become a Registered Member must complete the following:
A Graduate NZILA Landscape Architect who wishes to enter the Mentoring Programme must:
- meet prerequisite academic requirements by graduating with a qualification in landscape architecture from an accredited, IFLA approved programme;
- have completed at least two years practical experience in landscape architecture of a nature acceptable to the NZILA Board, of which at least one year must have been completed in New Zealand*.
A graduate applying for Registered membership will require to be enrolled in the Mentoring programme and have a Mentor who will also act as a proposer for Registered membership.
Application for Registration:
To become a Registered NZILA Landscape Architect a Graduate NZILA Landscape Architect must:
- have completed three but preferably four years practical experience of which at least one year must have been completed in New Zealand*;
- have their application supported by two Registered NZILA Landscape Architects who must certify personal knowledge of the candidate and their work, at least one of whom must attest to the candidate's suitability for registration as well as their professional ability and character, methods of practice, and experience;
- attend the Registration Interview of the Institute and satisfy the Registered Membership Interview Panel (the Interview Panel) of their professional competence and knowledge of professional practice through an interview;
- be prepared to participate in, and record evidence of CPD activites.
All Registered membership applicants, whether they are a graduate or 'full professional member' of a recognised (overseas) landscape architecture institute or association (reciprocity applicant), must be a current financial member of the NZILA.
If you are attending the Registration Interview in 2024 the forms will need to be completed by (date TBC)