Call for Judges
The Institute is seeking judges for the Resene New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architecture Awards 2022.
- Must be a Registered, Fellow or Life member of NZILA.
- To represent the breadth and depth of the profession, must have a minimum 8-10 year’s experience in one or more of the following areas: design, planning, research.
- Must be available to attend meetings with the Jury (two full-day ratification meetings scheduled for week commencing 7 February and week commencing 28 February 2022).
- Available to participate in site visits 21 - 28 February 2022.
- Be available to attend the Awards Gala Dinner, Friday 27 May 2022.
Ideally the jury will be made up of judges across the breadth of the industry
to alleviate any potential conflicts of interest. If you meet the criteria and are interested in being on the Jury Awards - expression of interest by Tuesday 28 September 2021.
- This is a voluntary role with expenses covered by the Institute.
- Experience, capacity, and skills in the areas of expertise will be key criteria. Jurors will be selected for their strengths in key areas and may therefore be restricted to judging limited categories. For instance, landscape planning areas will be judged by suitably qualified professionals.
- The Jury composition will aim to demonstrate diversity in age, gender, location and professional experiences.
- Conflicts of interest will need to be declared for any decision made by members of the Jury.
- Judges should be aware that their details will be published once selected by the Institute to sit on the jury.
- As respected experts in their fields, Judges will be celebrated through media and profiled by NZILA.
Successful candidates will be selected by the NZILA Executive Committee and advised in writing by 8 October 2021.