Call for entries
Since 1992, the International Garden Festival has been a laboratory for contemporary garden and landscape design worldwide. As a treasure trove of ideas and nursery for burgeoning talents, the Festival gives a fresh boost to garden art, appealing to the public and the profession alike by showcasing new blooms and materials and innovative approaches and ideas. Over 960 gardens have been designed in 32 years. By following this link, you can have a look at this year's edition.
Notification of International Call for Applications
For the 32nd Chaumont-sur-Loire International Garden Festival, the Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire is holding an international competition for 20 plots of around 210 m2.
Theme of the 2023 Competition: Resilient Garden
The complete theme description is available after registration on www.domaine-chaumont.fr under the Contest section.
This call for applications is open:
- to landscape architects with a specialised school or university qualification or who are members of the of IFLA or another recognised landscape organisation for countries outside
- to multidisciplinary teams, comprising for example architects, engineers, designers, set designers or artists, preferably with a landscape architect or a botanist within this team.
- to students from landscape, architecture or design schools, who can provide evidence of a landscape option and whose teacher will be the team’s agent.
The following people are excluded from this call for applications:
- designers who have already created a garden at Chaumont-sur-Loire during the last three years.
- members of the jury and their close family.
The call for applications dossier can be downloaded from our website www.domaine-chaumont.fr (Contest section) after registration.
- the specifications present the theme in detail and the technical constraints associated with the design of a garden on the Chaumont-sur-Loire site (soil, aspect, visitors, plants, etc.).
- the regulations lay out the process for the call for applications and itemise the rules for taking part in the competition.
Financing: no payment is planned for taking part in this call for applications. Payment of designers chosen for the 2023.
International Garden Festival, along with the budget allocated for creating the gardens, are fixed in the call for applications dossier.
Closing date for receiving the garden projects: by 5 p.m. on Friday the 28th of October 2022.
Tél: +33 (0) 631 553 766