today Rejoin NZILA
The NZILA welcomes new members at anytime, and we have a number of different membership categories that reflect our diverse membership. Being a member of NZILA gives you full access to the resources in the members only section of this website (with the exception of Subscriber Facility). Members are also able to attend national and branch functions, which encourage sharing of knowledge and professional development.
NZILA Graduate Landscape Architect
A person who has an NZILA accredited degree in Landscape Architecture or an IFLA recognised degree but has yet to complete the Institute's professional practice exam for Registered membership usually falls within our Graduate category. Members in this category are able to join the mentoring programme that helps graduates attain the necessary experience and skill to become a Registered Landscape Architect.
Membership Fee 2019 - G1/2 $203
Membership Fee 2019 - G3/4 $456
Membership Fee 2019 - G5/+ $596
Nb/ if joining NZILA as a Graduate member with an overseas qualification then you will need to submit evidence that the qualification is an IFLA recognised degree.
NZILA Registered Landscape Architect
To become a Registered Landscape Architect they will have completed an accredited degree in landscape architecture (either in New Zealand or abroad), completed a mandatory 96 week practical experience as a landscape architect and passed the Institute's professional practice exam. Registered members are also required to complete an annual Continuing Professional Development Programme.
Membership Fee 2019 - $596
NZILA Affiliate Member
If you are not a landscape architect, but have strong connections to our profession, then you might like to consider joining as an Affiliate. This category provides you full access to the members area and enables you to join national and branch activities.
Membership Fee 2019 - $327
Application for Concessionary Rate:
Members may apply in special circumstances for the concessionary rate ie low income caused by sickness, on maternity leave, part time parenting and other special circumstances. For more information contact the NZILA office.
Overseas and Retired Rates:
Members travelling or working overseas should contact the NZILA office to ensure that the Institute retains accurate contact information. Reduced rates are available to members who retire.
NZILA Subscriber Facility
The purpose of the Subscriber Facility is to provide a means of communicating with and informing members of the public, corporate bodies, institutions, agencies and others both in New Zealand and overseas who are interested in the work of Landscape Architects in New Zealand and who wish to be kept informed.
2019 Fee - Individual Subscriber $125
2019 Fee - Corporate Subscriber $315
Student Member Category
The NZILA welcomes student members currently studying in Landscape Architecture courses accredited by NZILA. This membership is complimentary.
Student membership includes:
- Monthly NZILA E-communications
- News items from respective local branches
- Invites to events hosted by local Branches (at the discretion of the branch)
- Access to social media
- Ability to attend NZILA workshops, Conferences and Branch Events (charge applies)
- Opportunity to enter NZILA awards (charge applies)
- Advanced 'student' tickets for events. (E.g. Conference, Wananga) (charge applies)
If you would like to sign up to the free student membership please contact your education provider.
The NZILA Vectorworks Landmark Student Scholarship is offered annually to students studying Landscape Architecture at one of the above accredited tertiary providers. Click here to view
By working together, landscape architecture professionals can leverage their numbers and expertise to help shape the political landscape and positively impact public policy. Belonging to NZILA allows members to share resources and effectively communicate with each other and the community about issues important to the profession.
- Professional support and recognition for members
- Free listing for members on the website, connecting clients with service
- Professional promotion through providing information about landscape architecture and landscape architecture services and media advertisement
- Administrative guidance and support to landscape architects and the profession
- Sets education requirements and monitors standards through accreditation
- Quality assurance through Registration programme and Code of Conduct
- Promoting landscape architecture and the work of members eg through celebration and awards
- Promotes continuing professional development (CPD) and provides local CPD opportunities and benchmarking
- Provides a first point of contact for members, employers, public and other professions/industry
- Disseminates information and news for members through website
- Provides best practice notes and guidance
- Support for members in disputes with clients/public
You are logged in as
Lincoln University School of Landscape Architecture