We are looking for a talented and experienced Landscape Architect to lead, further develop, and shape our design service offering and talented design team based in Wellington.
This position will see you joining a team of 10 designers, and working nationally alongside over 70 friendly, collaborative, and passionate landscape architects and urban designers who excel at what they do. Our Landscape Architects deliver a wide range of industry leading and award-winning projects throughout New Zealand. Some of our recent projects include Mahara Place, Waitohi – Johnsonville Community Hub, Te Mara Apartments, Te Papa Otakaro/Avon River Precinct and Te Auanga amongst many others.
As the Wellington Design Lead / experienced Landscape Architect you will:
- Lead a range of challenging and interesting projects, with accountability for the overall design, and the achievement of key milestones, agreed deliverables and quality design outcomes;
- Have a track record of success as a work generator, with a good market profile, and client relationship and business development focus;
- Invest time in developing, coaching, and mentoring up and coming designers to help grow their creative thinking, and develop their skills as designers and consultants;
- Provide strategic leadership of our Wellington design team and co-ordinate nationally with design leaders from across the practice;
- Provide high level professional advice, including input into multi-disciplinary projects and policy initiatives;
- Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal team members and clients.
To be successful in this role we’re looking for someone with a reputation as a leading designer, who is creative and collaborative in their approach, along with the following skills and attributes:
- At least ten years’ professional experience in landscape architecture and related fields, preferably in a consultancy environment;
- A portfolio of project experience that demonstrates sound project management skills spanning the breadth of the design process, from strategic and conceptual design through to detailed documentation and overseeing implementation;
- Strong people skills, with experience leading others on projects and coaching / mentoring other designers;
- Exceptional client relationship skills and the ability to identify new business opportunities using market knowledge and competitor activity;
- Skilled graphic ability in the use of a range of digital tools and techniques, including Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD and Sketchup;
- Clear and well-articulated written and oral communication skills;
- Professional registration with the NZILA (or overseas equivalent).
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy, that is focused on better outcomes for our environment. We are entirely employee-owned and growing, with an increasingly diverse portfolio of clients and projects. We offer a supportive, flexible and collaborative working environment and value having an inclusive and diverse workplace. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure that our people can excel and grow. Our Wellington studio is located centrally downtown, close to all the amenities of the vibrant city centre, overlooking the waterfront.
Check out some of the projects and activities we’re involved in by visiting our website or LinkedIn page.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michael Hawes on 09 359 5250.
If this sounds like your next career move please send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 1 March 2020.