We are looking for someone to join our national Te Hīhiri team, who is not only a leader in their chosen discipline but is also passionate about delivering quality tikanga initiatives and influencing change.
Te Hīhiri is the energy that gives rise to exploration of thought. Our team of Kaiarataki, use this kaupapa to inspire Boffa Miskell’s methodologies and processes, and to empower all our people to engage with Te Ao Māori.
As a Kaiarataki within our Te Hīhiri team, you will play a key role in providing advice and support to Consultants and clients on a range of projects and across disciplines, as well as sourcing and managing your own projects with iwi, hapū, rūnanga and other Māori clients. You may also be involved in the development and delivery of country-wide initiatives from time to time.
To be successful in being considered for this role, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Kairangi - excellence in leadership and a desire to be influential, including relevant professional qualification and experience;
- Pūmanawa Māori - A background in supporting Maori community engagement and development;
- Tūhono - An innate understanding of people, with well-developed networks and relationships within the local community;
- Excellent communication skills (in both Te Reo and English) to enable you to work and liaise with colleagues, external consultants, clients, stakeholders, iwi and hapū;
- The ability to effectively prioritise, allocate, and manage your time/ resources;
- A strong commitment to quality environmental and cultural outcomes;
- Professional expertise in one of our core disciplines of Landscape Design, Planning, Urban Design or Ecology.
We offer a supportive, collaborative and respectful working environment, and value having an inclusive and diverse workplace. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure that our people can become the very best version of themselves. The broad range and scale of project work we do allows our team the possibility to work closely with urban designers, ecologists, biosecurity specialists, cultural advisors, landscape planners and planners. Regardless of discipline, we are all passionate people who excel at what we do.
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy. We are employee-owned and have been in business for over 45 years.
We offer a flexible, supportive, collaborative and respectful working environment, and value having an inclusive and diverse workplace. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development for our team members.
To talk with someone about the role please call Katherine on 03 364 4778.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30 September 2019.