Hello… is it us you’re looking for?
Are you looking to work collaboratively within a multi disciplinary design studio that is passionate about places and communities? Then it’s us you’re looking for!
We are looking for a Graduate Landscape Architect to join our Design Practice in Auckland. Our Design Practice is a collaborative multidisciplinary studio made up of designers from all walks of life who are passionate about what we do. We have a nationwide team of 50 architects, urban designers and landscape architects who are dedicated to creating great places through landscape and urban design, cultural design, innovation and place making.
Our landscape architectural work is wide ranging with projects of all sizes and shapes located throughout New Zealand and the Pacific region. You will help to deliver some of New Zealand’s most significant urban transportation projects, focusing on walking, cycling and public transport and the transformation of our public realm. Our most recent projects include streetscapes, public open space, cycleways, town centres, residential and mixed use developments, master planning, transport, water infrastructure and airports.
You will be:
- Honing your technical skills on a variety of projects from concept to construction
- Supporting your team both graphically and technically
- Working collaboratively with other creative disciplines including architects, engineers, project managers, and planners
- Getting your hands dirty in research and development
- Contributing to the team social culture; we believe in work life balance and having fun
- Part of the Beca’s Graduate Development Programme (details below)
Is this you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- An enquiring mind, able to problem solve and think laterally
- A keen eye for graphics and design layout, both sketch and computer aided
- Enthusiasm and motivation to continue to learn from your peers and more senior members of the team
- A desire to work on meaningful and significant projects across New Zealand in a multidisciplinary studio
- Interested in New Zealand’s sustainable and cultural future
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative-Suite
- Bonus points if you have experience in Revit and Enscape
Our Graduate Development Programme:
Our career development philosophy is simple, you own your own career! On our Graduate Development Programme, we have everything set up so you can drive your own success within a positive and supportive environment.
We believe the best place to learn is on the job so you can expect to work on real jobs for our clients, right from the start. You’ll get ongoing support from experienced mentors, development opportunities, support towards professional memberships as well as a yearly graduate conference and access to an established and active graduate social community.
There really is no better place to kick-start your career and start making every day better in our communities.
If you are looking to broaden your horizons and work with a quirky team of designers contact Autumn English (Talent Acquisition Advisor) +64 9 336 5954 or apply online - click here
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.