Local is a collective of established Landscape Architects with a commitment to advancing our experience and respect of our surroundings through collaboration and creativity. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic landscape architect who’s looking to take the next move in their career.
Leading multidisciplinary teams on some of the region’s most exciting and challenging urban and cultural projects we are looking for the right person to join a vibrant design studio that is prepared to challenge, engage and work together to create, and nurture, our environment and local surroundings.
Our design studio has been designed to foster collaborative environment where we can collectively work and grow with the support of a passionate and skilful team. We are collectively building a team guided by what’s important to us, this is your chance to be part of the journey and shape your future and our environment.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic landscape architect to expand our team of 10, based in our Wellington Studio. With a few years under your belt this is an opportunity to work on and step up into a co-lead role on projects, developing your leadership and technical skills.
You will help deliver a diverse range of masterplanning, public domain, educational and cultural projects as well as private gardens throughout New Zealand.
- 3+ years’ experience in a broad range of landscape design and construction and relevant tertiary qualification.
- Ability to delegate and willingness to lead a project.
- Excellence in Autocad, detailed design and documentation, contract administration and site supervision.
- High level of competency in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Excel and Word.
- An unrestricted drivers licence and current work visa, residency or citizenship.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team environment.