- Kick start, fast track and grow your landscape design career as part of Beca’s Design Practice, an integrated collective of landscape architects, urban designers, and architects.
- Join an established and rapidly growing landscape architecture team in the Tauranga studio, with the support of a studio operating nationwide.
- Contribute to, and aid in the delivery of design projects that provide a social and environmental difference, in partnership with mana whenua and communities throughout Aotearoa, Australia, and the Pacific.
Te Kāinga Rua | The Opportunity
Whaowhia te kete mātauranga
‘Fill the basket of knowledge’
Unique opportunity to fill your basket of knowledge developing your design, project and professional skills, abilities, and career. You will be working within a studio and team that are passionate about creating a culture of design and enabling you to bring your design voice and abilities to projects. Our landscape architectural and urban design projects are wide ranging and reflective of Beca’s broad portfolio. Our most recent projects include sports and cultural precincts, town centre and waterfront development, active transport infrastructure, tourism and masterplanning projects. Most of our work is New Zealand based projects, however our Tauranga office has a long association with delivering successful projects throughout the Pacific region.
As a new or experienced graduate Landscape Architect, you will be working alongside our Senior Landscape Architects and technical experts, in delivering our projects from concept to practical completion. Your duties will largely include:
- Honing your technical skills on a variety of projects from masterplanning to construction.
- Visual communication and documentation utilising AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite, with confidence in 3D modelling an advantage.
- Working collaboratively with other creative disciplines including architects, artists, engineers, project managers and planners.
- Contributing to the team’s social culture; we believe in work-life balance and having fun.
Te rongoā | About You
Your passion, design and problem-solving mindset will be matched with a desire to work on meaningful and significant projects across New Zealand in a multidisciplinary studio. You will also have an enquiring mind, able to problem solve and think laterally, with a keen eye for graphics and design layouts, both from a sketch and computer aided perspective. How you work is also important to us – we will value your enthusiasm and motivation to continue to learn from your peers and more senior members of the team.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds. Other key aspects for success in this role, will include a combination of:
- Recently graduated or be in the early stage of your career with up to 4 years’ experience.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Strong written, graphic, and visual communication skills.
- Self-directed, critically minded, a problem solver, displaying a growth mindset.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative-Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Exposure in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit and Enscape as bonus points!
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini
‘Our strength is not that of a single but that of our collective’
Our national Design Practice consists of 60+ landscape architects, architects and urban designers based across our Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, and Christchurch offices. We’ve had a strong emphasis on building this nationally integrated practice over the past six years working on projects throughout Aotearoa and into the Pacific, including places like Vanuatu, Samoa, Fiji and the Marshall Islands. Projects that we are particularly proud of are Te Hono – New Plymouth Airport, Parihaka, Vanuatu Waterfront and the 36th Americas Cup.
To apply for this role, please follow the online instructions when clicking on the website button below. Please note, that due to the New Zealand Government’s border and immigration restrictions, we are unable to consider applications from candidates not currently eligible to work in New Zealand.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design, asset management and engineering consultancies. Beca is proudly an employee-owned business creating a culture of collaboration, ownership, and care. You will be welcomed into a team who have a collaborative, fun and supportive culture. We offer flexible working arrangements and provide ongoing learning opportunities to help you shine in your career.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design, and engineering consultancies. Refer to www.beca.com for more information on our history, values, and services.