We have an exciting opportunity for a Landscape Planner / Architect to join our Nelson team. Canopy are an award winning creative team of landscape architects and landscape planners with an impressive level of experience in landscape architecture, landscape planning, master planning and Greenfield developments. Based in Nelson and Christchurch we have work covering the South Island through to contracts in Queenstown relating to landscape planning/peer review assessments. We believe in creating exceptional spaces and require someone who is both skilled and passionate about their work to become an important member of the team.
The role is for a talented landscape planner who will work along with Liz Gavin on a variety of exciting projects. The successful candidate will be passionate about landscape architecture and will bring a proactive attitude to take the lead in/or provide support in documentation and delivery of work. Remuneration for this role will be negotiated and be relative to skills and experience. The position may be part time or full time depending on the applicant and their skill level.
You will ideally have:
- Professional experience with a breadth of working knowledge in NZ.
- Experience in landscape planning and assessment.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Preparation of documentation including competency in Microsoft Office, InDesign, and Adobe Creative Suite and some skill in Vectorworks.
- The ability to lead and manage projects.
- The necessary Landscape Architectural qualifications.
- Good time management skills and a motivated attitude.
- Ability to work to timelines within budgets.
- A friendly manner and able to communicate well with staff, clients and the public.
- Landscape design skills would also be a benefit to our office, however the position is for a Landscape Planner. Landscape design should be complimentary to your landscape planning skill set.
Working with us will allow you to grow in a creative, challenging and fun environment. We are a social and open office who enjoy the outdoors and making the most of life in sunny Nelson. We believe in a collaborative and supportive approach with a focus on helping your professional development and career growth.
If you think you will fit right in, we would love to talk. Please email us including your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on (03) 5488551.
To find out more about Canopy visit our website below.